Mundane Blacks and boring navies all day every day- when it comes to interesting formal outfits, we’ve all been slightly lost and bored along the way. Dressing for a professional environment is a tricky thing but by no means extremely difficult. In a work setting, ideally, your utmost priority should be to look professional.
This is essential for people to take you and your opinions seriously. This kind of confidence and poise can be very easily portrayed through the way you dress. Here are some of my tips to look stylish for office but still keep the dress code and ethics in mind.
How Can I Look Stylish For Work-Office?
- Stick to clean and sharp cuts. Wear shirts that are structured with collars and pants that are well tailored. Opt for different waistlines when it comes to trousers. High waist, paper bag, standard, cinched, culottes, wide legged there are countless options to chose from and they also give an interesting look.
- Avoid wearing chunky jewelry. Opt for dainty necklaces, tiny pearl studs or rings instead.
- Switch your boring trousers for a pencil skirt or a shirt dress. However, keep in mind that the length of the skirt/dress at least hit your knee.
- Wear clean and well-ironed clothes. There’s nothing worse than a good outfit ruined by wrinkles.
- Opt for pointed shoes or heels. They look more sophisticated.
- Don’t be afraid of color. Just because it’s an office doesn’t mean you only have to wear dark hues. Try bold colors like red or orange but don’t overdo it. Nobody likes neon in their face from 9 to 5 straight.
- Make sure your clothes are compatible with the work you do.
- Pay attention to color harmony when choosing your work clothes.
- Show how important office wear is for women.
- Never avoid wearing workwear at your workplace. If you are working in a relaxed environment, you should definitely try to wear workwear.